KUSEWERA CHARITY EVENT: Nathan Fillion, Snow Patrol and MORE…

Last Saturday night (Feb 22nd) celebrities, artist and friends gathered to party… with a purpose. At a beautiful, high loft overlooking Echo Park in Los Angeles, philanthropists and notables came together to support the charity, Kusewera.

20140224Mon2020pm KUSEWERA 2       20140224Mon2026pm KUSEWERA 3

A very “tall” Snow Patrol entertained the guests between schmoozing and Nathan’s live auction of the black leather kilt he wore on Craig Ferguson. Reggie Lee, Courtney Cox, and other artists came out to help others in our global community.

We got to speak to the artists on the red carpet:

Nathan Fillion was the main champion of the cause, rallying his over 2.1 million Twitter followers to donate online, attend and bid on the auction items donated to support the charity.

Reggie Lee of Grimm:

Sherri Suam of The Fosters:

Maia Mitchell of The Fosters:

Madison Beaty of The Fosters:

Jason George of Grey’s Anatomy:

Hayden Byerly of The Fosters:

David Lambert of The Fosters:

Liam McIntrye of Spartacus and the up coming Hercules movie:

Help the kids in Malawi with education, sports and play. Donate at: www.kusewera.org/donate/ or learn more about Kusewera at their web site.

Facebook Comments

Post Author: Timothy Barone

11 thoughts on “KUSEWERA CHARITY EVENT: Nathan Fillion, Snow Patrol and MORE…

Allons-y

(2014-02-25 - 1:26 am)

This is great! I haven’t seen anyone else report this. I say Nathan’s twitter blast about this but lived too far away. Thank you for posting!!!

TED

(2014-02-25 - 1:30 am)

So glad to see some press for The Foster. Great show. And Nathan is such a top notch guy. His parents are teachers…cool that explains possibly his ability “to play well with others”.

Alex24

(2014-02-25 - 1:33 am)

COOOOOOoooOOooOoooOoL! Kusewera seems like an awesome charity. I wouldn’t have known about it if not for Whedonopolis and Nathan. Thank you!

Jim Stone

(2014-02-25 - 1:35 am)

That must have been some party. :-)))))

Sandy_HCA

(2014-02-25 - 1:39 am)

Liam is so dreamy. He’s so beautiful he should have two wives!!! Pick ME!! Nice charity, I checked out the site and donated a bit. YOU SHOULD TOO (READER). It’s for the Kids!!

NF

(2014-02-25 - 1:41 am)

I love it here, there is always something to feed my need for a bit of entertainment news and giving back. Makes me feel all warm inside.

Franky P

(2014-02-25 - 1:43 am)

Time for bed, but these were a nice to watch in bed before I zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…….

Melanie

(2014-02-25 - 1:45 am)

People are good! Kusewera good! Nathan….that goes without saying…good!!!

MOLLY_SHINY

(2014-02-25 - 1:48 am)

Snow Patrol I bet rocked. I wish I could have made it but as Nathan suggested from his twittering about this event, I gave what I could. Thank you artists!

Marsia

(2014-02-25 - 8:12 am)

I remember that kilt and that show. How muxh did it go for?

Timothy Barone

(2014-02-25 - 2:30 pm)

The live auctions was furious, lots of bids. The last bid I heard I believe was $800. Not to shabby. Folks can still donate for an “honorary piece of Nathan’s kilt” by donate on the website. :-)))