To commemorate the 21st anniversary of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Fox Consumer Products is launching the first-ever Buffy Slay Day on March 10, 2018 for fans who would like to pay homage to one of the original badass chicks – who paved the way for women and girls everywhere — Buffy! As part of the 21-hour celebration on Buffy Slay Day, fans will have a chance to reward the most important slayers in their lives with cool merchandise.
Additionally, Fox Consumer Products plans to uniquely highlight the strong, empowered and celebrated program alongside a wide group of Buffy partners through the following activities:
- Celebrate this pivotal show and its female heroine by harnessing your inner slayer, of courage, pride, and empowerment. On Slay Day 2018, Buffy fans can reward those who help them slay in their own lives with kickass loot. A wide-range of Buffy themed prizes is up for grabs, including apparel, toy figures, books and more!
- Details on how to reward the slayers in your lives can be found on BuffySlays.com.
Buffy fans are encouraged to celebrate the slayers in their lives! Whether it’s your mom, sister, teacher, hubbie, bestie, workout buddy… the list goes on… we want you to show them off! Using hashtag #BuffySlayDay on Twitter and Instagram, show us how awesome they are and tell us how Buffy inspired you for a chance to win swag for your Scooby gang. This once-in-21-years giveaway lets fans share a piece of their favorite TV show with those who are most important to them. Prizes to include the all-new Buffy Funko Pop collection featuring Buffy, Xander, Willow, Giles and Faith. Plus, Funko Rock Candy, Buffy the Vampire Encyclopedia (Harper Design) and more.
- As a special treat for Buffy fans, the first-ever Buffy the Vampire Slayer picture book was announced today by Quirk Books. Releasing September 4th, 2018 ($18.99), the first-look at the cover can be downloadedhere. What’s that strange sound coming from inside the closet? Buffy, Xander, and Willow are determined to find out! The campy, cult-classic ’90s TV show is now a charming picture book for fans who are still a little too young for slaying. Join little Buffy and her friends as they investigate the mysterious noise, consult Giles, the school librarian, and encounter all your favorite Buffyverse monsters. This sweet, silly, and not-so-scary book makes a perfect bedtime story, and is ideal for parents introducing the next generation to Buffy and fans looking to experience it in a whole new way. With eye-catching illustrations by Kim Smith, this newest addition to the Pop Classics series is a must-have for the shelves of Buffy fans everywhere.
- Starting today, exclusive Buffy Slay Day apparel launches on BuffySlays.com. The all-new items include an inspiring “I Want You to be Strong” Buffy tee as well as the official “Slay Day 2018” tee.
- Fans are now invited to cast their vote for their favorite Buffy the Vampire Slayer slayism. Choosing between five fun phrases, the winning “slayism” will be announced on Buffy Slay Day 2018 and designed into exclusive merch. Fans can vote on BuffySlays.com for their favorite among these choices:
- Work Hard Slay Hard
- Just Slayin’
- Eat. Slay. Love
- Eat. Sleep. Slay
- Don’t hate the slayer. Hate the game.
- Dark Horse starts the Buffy Slay Day excitement early by releasing today exclusive pages from the all-new Giles Comic book co-written by Joss Whedon (Available Feb 28 at your local comic shop). Starting March 10th, fans will be rewarded with a copy of issue #1 with the purchase of any Buffy merchandise on BuffySlays.com, while supplies last. Download a sneak peek here.
- Additionally, on Buffy Slay Day, the Dark Horse digital comics store (https://digital.darkhorse.com) will offer fans a 50% discount on all Buffy the Vampire the Slayer, Angel and Fray digital comics.
- In addition, on Buffy Slay Day look for exclusive sneak peeks from Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: New School Nightmare); Insight Editions (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Slayer Stats: The Complete Infographic Guide to All Things Buffy), and new merchandise available at Hot Topic coming soon!
About Buffy the Vampire Slayer
The series, created by Joss Whedon, premiered on the WB Network on March 10th, 1997. Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the Emmy and Golden Globe-nominated series, which ran for seven seasons from 1997-2003, stars Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers. Chosen to battle vampires, demons and other forces of darkness, Buffy is aided by a Watcher who guides and teaches her as she surrounds herself with a circle of friends called the “Scooby Gang.”
About 20th Century Fox Consumer Products
20th Century Fox Consumer Products licenses and markets properties worldwide on behalf of 20th Century Fox Film, 20th Century Fox Television and FX Networks, as well as third party lines. The division is aligned with 20th Century Fox Television, the flagship studio leading the industry in supplying award-winning and blockbuster primetime television programming and entertainment content and 20th Century Fox Film, one of the world’s largest producers and distributors of motion pictures throughout the world.