High ‘Stakes’ Fun as Buffy the Vampire Slayer Fans will Score Tons of Free Swag In & Around the Convention Center
To celebrate Buffy the Vampire Slayer, on Saturday, July 21st, 20th Century Fox Consumer Products invites Buffy fans on the first-ever Buffy Vampire Hunt through San Diego. Every fan becomes a slayer as they must locate each ‘Vampire Nest’ across the Gaslamp District and throughout San Diego’s Convention Center. At each location, fans will be rewarded with a wide-range of prizes including Buffy Funko figures, posters, stickers, pins, t-shirts, comics and much more.
To participate and to start receiving maps and clues, potential Vampire Hunt Slayers must sign up at Shop.Fox.com, beginning on June 27th at 12 noon PST. Additionally, Shop.Fox.com today unveils all-new exclusive Buffy merchandise to compliment the online retailer’s wide selection of apparel, books, figures, and accessories.
A ‘Scooby Gang’ of licensing partners and publishers are participating in this slayeriffic San Diego activation including:
· Simon & Schuster – From New York Times bestselling author Kiersten White comes Slayer, a brand-new series set in the world of Buffy the Vampire Slayer that introduces a new Slayer as she grapples with the responsibility of managing her incredible powers that she’s just beginning to understand. The first book in the series, which is on sale in January 2019, is now available for pre-order.
· This September, from Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, an exciting and hilarious new middle grade story for anyone who likes (or doesn’t like) vampires! Like Star Wars: Jedi Academy and DC Comics’ Secret Hero Society, this action-packed and fun-filled story is told through comics, journal entries, class notes, doodles, text messages, and other in-world artifacts. Buffy the Vampire Slayer: New School Nightmare is now available for pre-sale.
· Quirk Books presents Buffy the Vampire Slayer: A Picture Book — through this all-new new picture book story brought to life with enchanting, colorful illustrations, kid readers can learn about what the world’s strongest vampire slayer was like when she was a kid! The family friendly book releases in September and is now available for pre-sale.
· How to Slay the Buffy Way from HarperCollins is an empowering, inspiring and full of attitude full-color collection of the best lines and iconic scenes from the hit television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Coming this October.
· Now available from Insight Editions, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Slayer Stats: The Complete Infographic Guide to All Things Buffy. This one-of-a-kind infographic guide to all things Buffy blends striking illustrations with a bounty of facts and stats that shed light on just about every aspect of the hit TV series. Full of fun insights and surprising details about the lore, characters, quips, and most legendary episodes, battles, and villains, this refreshing take on the Buffy-verse will delight fans old and new.
· Plus, Dark Horse who continues to treat fans to an ongoing collection of all-new Buffy comics and graphic novels including Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season 12 which released this month!
Can’t make it in person? Follow the action on Buffy the Vampire Slayer Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram channels.
About Buffy the Vampire Slayer
The series, created by Joss Whedon, premiered on the WB Network on March 10th, 1997. Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the Emmy and Golden Globe-nominated series, which ran for seven seasons from 1997-2003, stars Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers. Chosen to battle vampires, demons and other forces of darkness, Buffy is aided by a Watcher who guides and teaches her as she surrounds herself with a circle of friends called the “Scooby Gang.”
About Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products
20th Century Fox Consumer Products licenses and markets properties worldwide on behalf of 20th Century Fox Film, 20th Century Fox Television and FX Networks, as well as third party lines. The division is aligned with 20th Century Fox Television, the flagship studio leading the industry in supplying award-winning and blockbuster primetime television programming and entertainment content and 20th Century Fox Film, one of the world’s largest producers and distributors of motion pictures throughout the world.